a) Booking Pickup Time Flow
b) Movement of Shipment
- Pick up and Delivery of the Shipment is only provided on a Business Day (Mon - Fri, exclude Public Holiday).
- The process flow above (pick up and drop off) is only applicable within Peninsular Malaysia.
- DHL will pick up the Shipment from SMilDS Merchant or Drop Off Service Points (link to Service point page) according to the schedule set out.
- Bookings for DHL pick up must be lodged from your SMilDS Backoffice directly.
- Booking and pick up cut off time:
• Booking made by 1400hrs, same day pickup.
• Booking made after 1400hrs, pick up will be done next business day (depending traffic condition/natural course).
- You must ensure that the packing is fully secured and in good condition, attached with the following documents printable from the Backoffice:
• An Air WayBill; and
• A Pro-Forma Invoice.
- DHL staff has the right to inspect your Shipment at all points in time and will tape up the Shipment after opening it.
c) Reschedule of Pick Up
- DHL Initiate:
• DHL will inform SMilDS Support Centre on the unsuccessful pick up for the day due to unforeseen circumstances. Our support team will then inform you to rebook the pickup via your SMilDS BackOffice.
- Merchant Initiate:
• You will inform SMilDS Support Centre on your request to reschedule the pickup. Our support team will then liaise with DHL support centre to cancel prior bookings been made. You may then proceed to rebook/reschedule the pickup once your prior bookings are cancelled.
d) Unacceptable Shipment
- An unacceptable Shipment (e.g. contains dangerous goods or hazardous materials) will be returned to you and there will be chargeback for the return shipment. Therefore, ensure that your products are legal and applicable with the laws and regulations of the designated country you wish to ship to. To know more on the prohibited goods, click http://www.smilds.com/smildscontent/rules.php.
- Return to Origin (RTO) shipment rules will follow: (i) if its DHL error, it will be on DHL's cost, (ii) if it's merchant error, the chargeback bill will be on your account.
e) Damaged Shipment
- A shipment is considered damaged when Shipment has been crushed or dented. Therefore, it is essential that the packing of the product is done properly.
- When a shipment is damaged, DHL will provide a Damage Report to our SMilDS Support Centre, where our support team will then inform you for further actions.
f) Weight Discrepancy
- You need to ensure the accuracy of the weights and dimension specified on your product details in SMilDS BackOffice. This information will be captured in the DHL air waybill where you will need to attach to your shipment for pickup.
- DHL has every right to reweight and recalculate the weight of your shipment. Should there be a discrepancy in the details declared of equal or more than 0.5kg, SMilDS Support team will send a notification to you and the equivalent charges will be billed to you.
- Shipment will be charged according to the higher of actual or volumetric (dimensional) weight in accordance with the DHL volumetric standard.
- Then, the shipment will be processed without being held back at the service centre.
For more of International Shipping and DHL information, you may browse to http://www.dhl.com.my/en.html